Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tucker, 11 months




So I missed 10 months- sorry Tucker. There is so much going on this time of year that I just can't keep up on my posts. Once I got about 3 weeks behind, I just decided it better to wait and write at the next milestone...and I am only 3 days late.

Tucker has changed so much the last 2 months. In many ways he is just like Griffin. He is funny, adventurous, and stubborn. He is a great sleeper, just like his brother- going straight to bed without any fuss (usually) and sleeps all night plus 2 long naps. He eats about like Griffin did too- loves table food the best, tolerates baby food. Will try anything once. But Tucker is definitely his own person. He is more attached to Nathan and I than Griffin ever was- we have had our share of tears at church, but he is getting better. He is my snuggler. He loves to lay his head on me and will let me rock him, which Griffin never would.

I am reminded with my second one how much they learn and retain before they can even speak. Here are some of the things he knows/can do or say:

Understand "no, no", although does not usually obey it. He does get his feelings hurt though and cries this sad cry when told "no"

Tries to repeats words. Words he repeats fairly consistently and seems to know their meaning are: ball (ba), mama, dada, griff (gu), hat (at), night, night (ni ni), uh-oh, bye-bye, up

Plays peek-a-boo
can point to my nose(not his)
shows his tongue on command
shakes his head no
gives "five" (although he still refuses to wave bye or clap his hands)
gives "love" (lays his head on your shoulder and says "uh,uh")
Points at things with one finger

Our favorite, well you just have to see it. It is the one with him in the rocking chair.

">

1 comment:

Amber said...

The videos are great. I like the last one. Cute.