Monday, December 5, 2011

My Little Runner

Griffin made his mommy proud by running in his 2st Kid's K on Friday, Dec 3. Nathan had a basketball game that night, so it was just Griff and myself going to the race. We had asked him if he wanted to try a race and even practiced running twice around our neighborhood. Griffin can easily run a kilometer without stopping and I was impressed at his natural stamina and thought he would do well. We got there the night of the race and there was, of course, a lot going on. It was a fundraiser for Ronald McDonald house, so Ronald was there, as was Santa. Griffin was excited and full of energy...until we stpepped up to the starting line about 10min before the race. He got so nervous that he started crying and told me he didn't want to run (he gets that from his mommy:)). We talked about it and I told him I would be with him the whole time. I told him he would feel bad if he quit and he needed to try it. So he bucked up and did it! Ovnce the race started it was a whirlwind anyway. The kids K was actually probvably about a quarter mile long, with no real boudaries to keep kids on the course so it was really chaos. Griffin did great though and kept his pace the whole time. He got a participation ribbon and that made his night! He told me, "I was probably about 17th". I think he is going to be a runner and I can't wait to try out a little longer race.

No comments: