Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dye-ing Easter Eggs

So I don;t know about your families, but it was always a tradition to die Easter Eggs the night before Easter in our house. So being the "good parents" that we are (see last post), we kept with tradition. Another crazy idea. Actually it WAS fun, just different than I remember. My memories are of my sister and brother and I standing on chairs taking turns putting the egg in the dye, then waiting with anticipation to see what color it turned, trying to turn an egg more than 1 color. What I got instead was me trying desperately to dye eggs with Griffin sticking his hand in the dye, picking up eggs and almost breaking them, spilling dye on my counter, you get the picture. I guess I do not remember dye-ing eggs at 20 months old. Griffin had a great time, though, and so did we- here are a few pictures.




3 comments:

Christy Brockman said...

The great thing is, he'll always remember these moments as wonderful (well, when he gets to "remembering age"), no matter how crazy it may be for you! You're a great mom!

Megan said...

Isn't it funny how the passing down of our traditions never quite go as we planned? I loved your description. It reminded me so much of how things have gone with Kennedy in the past. The good news is she is getting much better at actually enjoying the traditions. Based on that, egg dye-ing with Griffin should get much more enjoyable in the next year of two.

Megan said...

Oh and I think the picture of you and Griffin in the kitchen is a perfectly captured candid moment that encapsulates the task perfectly! LOVE IT!

Great picture Nathan!