Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Getting Baptized

A few weeks ago there was a baptism of a friend after church and Griffin got to witness it. He was really mesmerized and talked about it a lot afterward. Nathan told him that you get baptized because you love God. Fast forward to today. Griffin was sitting on the couch watching TV and eating his breakfast (yes, we eat our waffles while watching Tigger and Pooh most mornings) He was in his underwear only (Because he is a messy eater) and told me he was cold, he was going to cover up. I went to the kitchen to clean up and he covered himself with pillows on the couch. Then he yelled to me, "Mommy I am getting baptized". I came into the room and said, "you are- why do you want to be baptized?" He said, "Cause God loves me." These are the precious moments we as moms live for.

5 comments:

Christy Brockman said...

How sweet. I'm at the point where now when I cry when a kid at church gets baptized. It makes me think of my own someday.

Courtney said...

That is awesome. He is such a sweet heart!

ashley said...

sweet sweet sweet!

Emily said...

That is just too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Put some clothes on that boy so he doesn't get cold and immerse them in the washer when he is finished eating...HA Gary is a messy eater but I don't think he would go for eating in his underware...HA. But, that's an idea.
Love you guys