Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I am a couple of days behind, but still wanted to record our holiday and to share all of our blessings. We had a sort of non-traditional Thanksgiving this year. Nathan had to work and I am not allowed to travel so we stayed here for Thanksgiving. Griffin and I had lunch with Nathan at work on Thursday and then were graciously invited to our neighbors and church friends (and my former boss') house to share Thanksgiving with them. Nathan, Griffin, and I did our celebrating on Friday. We had a Dr.'s appointment where we heard our little boy is doing just great. Then we took Griffin to see Madagascar 2- his first movie in a theatre. He did well, getting a little squirmy at the end, but otherwise loving the big screen, popcorn, and "sody". That afternoon we picked out our Christmas tree and watched some Christmas movies while Nathan smoked pulled pork. It was yummy and we have enough to eat on all week. I am so incredibly blessed that I do not even know where to begin, but I do want to list just a few of the many things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for...

A husband who loves God and his family and is such a wonderful, active Dad and Husband

Griffin's love of life, his MANY questions, his amazing insight and understanding- even though it often gets him into trouble, and his loving, caring heart

Our son who is growing inside me and will join our family in about 3 weeks. I am thankful that he is healthy and growing and I can't wait to meet him

Christian parents, siblings and in-laws who all put their Faith first and are the reason that Nathan and I are who we are today

Our church home and all of our wonderful friends at Brentwood who help us out in so many ways

Our home and Nathan's job- although it is easy to get discouraged when you are not in the place you would like to be financially, we are just thankful to have a job and a house and are continually surprised by God;s wonderful provision for our lives

4 comments:

Bekki said...

I guess I didn't realize that you are due in THREE WEEKS! Wow! How exciting! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Mindi Tipps said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds like ours. We stayed home too and loved it!

Megan said...

Loved your post.

I can't wait to meet your newest addition, though I am secretly hoping he will make his debut after we do all of our fun Christmas plans. :)

Courtney said...

We missed you guys but cannot wait to see you and new baby soon!