Thursday, December 18, 2008

HE IS HERE !!!






At 1:23am, Tucker Robert Smith was born. Katie and Tucker are doing great! I'm hanging in there too :) Katie began to feel something around 8:15, just as church was letting out. It is a good thing I had just called in sick about 5 minutes earlier...I guess thats what I get.

We are now starting what is sure to be a long night but I can't think of a better reason to loose sleep. Tucker is finishing up his first bath and is just loving it as you can imagine. I'm sure Katie will write much more in the next day or so...my job was just to get the word out. I do want to leave you with a few laughs that we had right before we set out for the hospital.

Just before we set out to take Griffin to the Walkers (thanks Tasha and Joseph), griffin noticed that mommy wasn't feeling very well...He is very observant like that. A couple times, as katie was leaning forward and gripping our footboard, grimacing in pain, Griffin crawled up underneith her and asked, "mommy, what are you doing with your eyes." Then, I was sharing some chocolate covered sunflower seeds with him to distract him and our sweet boy went up to his mommy with a handful and said, "here mommy, this will make your tummy feel better." We couldn't help but laugh.

What a great kid! We are so blessed to add another one to our home. We can't wait for you to meet him! We will see you all soon.

Love,
Nathan, Katie, Griffin and Tucker

19 comments:

Cherrys said...

Congrats! We can't wait to meet him! If you need anything, let me know. John Paul would love a playing buddy after school today if Griffin wants to play!

Megan said...

what WHat WHAT!!! I miss one Wednesday night service and you go into labor. :)

I am so happy for all of you. It sounds like Tucker got here in a hurry. Good thing we weren't all the way out in Burnet or we might just have had a code stork. :) We can't wait to meet and love him!

Anonymous said...

Born 1:23am...7 pounds 8 ounces and 19 inches long...
We love you can't wait to see him.

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

Yea!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sure this is the best Christmas present you could ever ask for. :-)

Hello blog buddies! It's me, Crouse! said...

congrats, katie! you still look just like you did in college. love the name! hope you are feeling great...

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Katie you look great. I love Tucker's name too. Can't wait for more pictures!

The Loftis Family said...

Sweet Griffin looking out for his mommy :) It was so good to see you guys this morning and see that Tucker was a healthy and happy baby. Also great that you had a short labor :)

Britney said...

Congrats! Sweet Griffin - those are the moments you can look BACK on and truly appreciate the innocence of children. Too sweet. Tucker is precious - LOVE the name!

Mindi Tipps said...

I love the name too!!! What a punctual little boy! Glad you are all doing well!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the Smith family, baby Tucker! I'd sure love to meet you. Maybe someday we'll finally meet up in Searcy, because I still need to meet Griffin! But I still love them, even if I haven't met them.
Nathan- that Brad Paisley song brought tears to my eyes. I'm not really up on current music, so I've never heard it before. But I did hear the verse about walking with your Granddaddy. (Even as I write this I have tears!) Anyway, I know what that means to you. Can you believe its been 15 years?
Now we're anxiously awaiting the news of your nephew. Many prayers for all of your branch of the Smiths!

Christy Brockman said...

What a nice Christmas blessing! I'm glad everything went well - he is so precious!

Jeremy & Robin said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see more pictures-Love the name!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you three! I hope to meet Tucker one day soon. What a sweet little boy you already have in Griffin.
Love,
Christiana

ashley said...

congratulations! so happy everyone is doing well! i love the name too!

Emily said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I am sick right now, so I'm not going to come to hospital...but will meet him when I'm well!

Courtney said...

I wish I was there - I cannot wait to see you all and meet little Tucker!

Rachel said...

Congrats!! Good to hear that everyone is doing well!

David and Michelle Simpson said...

Congratulations!!That is so awesome and I am glad that both baby and mom are doing well.

Bekki said...

YAY! Congratulations! He is beautiful! And such a cute name! I hope you all are doing well!