Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Camp Agape

Wow! I am so far behind! This past month has been busy, mostly planning for Camp Agape, which was last week. I am going to do my best to catch up on my posts over the next few days, mostly for my own records, but in case there are a few of you out there still interested :).

Let's start with Camp. This year our theme for Camp Agape was No Matter What. We learned about one of my favorite Bible characters, Joseph. This year's camp was set in a 70's background with lots of color, music, and games. We attempted a field trip to the roller skating rink this year, a first for us. All went well...except when I tried to take the school bus under our church awning. I'll let you figure out what happened. All-in-all the week went well. The campers always have fun and our counselors and junior counselors were wonderful as always.

This was my 6th year to co-direct this camp with Caitlin and it has been a great experience overall of me. I have enjoyed working with Caitlin and seeing our ideas go from just crazy thoughts to actual events that the campers do. I am not sure what role I will be playing in camp in future years but I know I will be involved in some way- it is too special to me and now to my kids.

Pictures to come soon.

No comments: