Wednesday, July 21, 2010

4 Years, 6 years



My baby is 4 years old! I can't believe it! Am I that old? I guess so. Griffin turned 4 this past weekend on Saturday. I will post more pictures andwrite about our party soon, but this post is dedicated to my oldest son.

Griffin, you are such a special boy. You are so smart, sometimes too smart for your own good. You began talking early and have not stopped (much like your mother :)). You are so full of questions- always wanting to know everything. I am constantly amazed with how much you can remember and recall and the way you put things together. Your mind is always working, which is why you stay awake so long at night, always calling us in to tell us "one more thing" or ask one more question. What makes me the proudest, though, is the way you remember the Bible stories you learn at church and the way you are so eager to learn more about God and His creation. I pray you always have that hunger for knowledge, especially about our Creator.

Griffin, you are SO full of energy. Your imagination amazes me everyday. It sometimes seems that you live in another world. I love watching you play by yourself and with your friends, always coming up with new ideas, games, etc... you must have gotten your creative side from your Daddy because I wish I could be like that. I can just see you 10 years from now acting in a school play. I am especially pleased to watch how you include your little brother in your games. He looks up to you so much and loves playing with you and it makes me so proud to see you sharing with him and including him. Although you are a little rough at times, I know you love him very much and you two will have many more years of fun and mischief together.

Although you rarely sit still long enough for me to love on you, you are so affectionate in your own way. You tell me all the time, "I love you, Mommy" and "You're the best Mommy"- it makes me smile every time you say it. You are never shy to give me a hug or a kiss. I know the day will come when you will shy away from that, so I cherish every one. You have never met a stranger and are friendly to everyone. I love watching you talk to people at church. You are such a happy child and even when you are sad, it does not last for long.

Griffin, your Dad and I love you more than we could ever say. You are our first born and you will always be special to us.

On Saturday, Nathan and I also celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Sharing an anniversary with a birthday is an interesting thing. Although our day was filled with family and friends celebrating Griffin's birthday, it is still important to remember that 6 years ago on this day, I married my best friend, who became the father of my children. I love you Nathan. You are a perfect fit for me and I thank God everyday for bringing you into my life. You are such an amazing Father and husband- thank you for 6 wonderful years- and for the flowers :)

1 comment:

Christiana said...

Congratulations Katie! You have a great family!