Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

This year we stayed in town for the 4th. We had family in town for the weekend (more about that in a later post) so we did not go to Arkansas as we have done in several years in the past. We - decided to go downtown to the fireworks, which I have not done in many years. We got there early (thanks Caitlin!) and got a good seat on the lawn. It was hot, but we passed the time snacking, walking around, and visiting with our friends, Cailtin and Jesse. The fireworks were great- Tucker was a little scared at first, mostly due to the canons they shot off for no reason before the show started. He did settle down some and watch. Griffin of course loved it. It was nice to go to a real fireworks show and all in all it was a good evening, made better by the fact that Nathan actually had the day off on Monday for the first time in 3 years. Sorry, no pictures- I forgot my camera.

2 comments:

Christiana said...

I think the last time I saw fireworks in Austin was with the singles group at BOCC before I left for Scotland. Do you remember? What a long way we've all come since then!
Your boys are precious!

Megan said...

Wish we could have gone. Lleyton probably would have been tramatized but it would have been nice to see fireworkds in person. Maybe you can just take me next year? :)