Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Talk

It is so fun to learn how an almost-two-year old thinks. Griffin is so funny when talking about the baby. He calls it "baby sister" (even though we do not know what we are having yet. He loves to get next to me, pull my shirt up off of my belly, and "kiss baby sister". HE also says, "Listen" and puts his ear on my stomach- I can't wait until he can really hear and feel him or her. Griffin also sings to the baby and tells him/her "I love you baby sister". He is still confused about who has a baby in there tummy- he now knows he DOES NOT. The other day, he picked up his shirt and said, "Giffin has a pocket in his belly" and pointed to his belly button. Wonder what he tries to keep in there?!

6 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

I hope you have a girl then, for Griffins sake! That would just confuse the poor guy otherwise!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and I can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or girl...Miss Shelby sure is a sweet thing. We can't wait for Mr. Giffin to hold her. He will make a good big brother to whoever is joining your family.
Grandma Melinda

Megan said...

I think he keeps trucks in there. Maybe a bus. Just a guess...

Adorable story. I think that is baby book worthy. :)

Bekki said...

Oh - I have been wanting to say congratulations on your news but you hadn't posted it yet so I didn't want to ruin it for you. Of course I assumed everyone already knew - but I wanted to be 100%. CONGRATS!! That is so exciting! Griffin will be a great big brother!

Christy Brockman said...

He's going to be such a sweet big brother! I hope for him he gets that baby sister!

Emily said...

That pocket in the belly is hilarious...very funny!I know he will be a great big brother!