Sunday, February 1, 2009

Griffin's Night Out

Last Thursday I picked Griffin up from Children's Ark and we needed to stop by the church office. Of course, he wanted to see Mrs. Jackie, whom he loves (and loves to get suckers from). We talked for a while and she mentioned that she and her family were going to a concert that night- the African Children's Choir concert. Griffin said, "I want to go to a concert". I told him that that would be fun but we had basketball games that night and maybe we could go another time (poor guy- he spends most evenings running around the gym waiting on us to practice or play). We said our good-byes and went on with our afternoon. Later, while at the gym watching Nathan coach his boys, Jackie called and invited Griffin to go the concert with them. Well, he went with no reservations and had a great time. Jackie said he was mesmerized by the kids. Now anyone who knows Griffin knows that he LOVES to sing and loves music, so this was no surprise to me. He has a great night out with Jeff, Jackie, and their kids and they even went to Culver's (on Griffin's suggestion) afterward. My little boy is growing up- I can't believe he is old enough to go on a night out with someone else and sit through an hour long concert. I am so thankful to Jackie for making him feel special and get to do this "on his own" - I know that it is a hard time for him as he adjusts to having another brother taking attention away from mom and dad. Thanks Jackie!

2 comments:

Bekki said...

Sounds like you have a little extrovert on your hands. He's so cute.

Megan said...

That is so special for Griffin! What a thoughtful thing for Jackie(and fam) to do.

I bet he wasn't spoiled one little bit! ;)