Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tucker, 2 months

Tucker turned 2 months today so I just had to write a few things about my little man. We went to the doctor today for his check-up and he is 12 pounds, 23 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile on everything, my little man in the middle. That seems to sum him up- Mr. Even-Keeled....most of the time. Over the last couple of weeks, however, I have discovered my calm, easy-going second child has a bit of a temper. You see he is so happy and contented most of the time, that it caught me off guard the first time that he screamed inconsolably at church when I was attempting to nurse him. I say attempting because when he gets in this "state"- and he has done it several times since- he will not eat, even if he is hungry. It comes on for different reasons and sometimes out of the blue, but I liken it to a child throwing a temper-tantrum- 30 seconds into the fit they have no idea what they are crying about- they are just mad and are going to let everyone know it. Luckily, Tucker's fits don't last too long and a walk outside or some pats on the back and he finally settles down and acts as if it never happened. I am a little scared to see how this might play out in the future.

Other than the occasional temper-tantrum, we have a wonderfully happy, fun, lovable little boy. He is smiling a lot these days, making some fun baby noises, becoming very alert and aware of his surroundings, loves to sit up, and loves trying to stand. He definitely knows his mommy now and I love that. He also loves watching Griffin- I can put him on the floor on a blanket when Griffin is playing around him and he will lay contented for a long while. He is a good eater and a pretty good sleeper, although the last 2 nights have not been that great. He usually gives me at least 5 hours the first stretch at night and then goes back to sleep for 3-4 more hours. He is a bit of a grunter in the morning- I usually end up putting him in bed with me around 6:30 after Nathan has left for work because he sleeps so noisily at that part of the morning. At first I was a little worried about his eating habits- he eats so quickly. But he seems happy and contented and is developing little fat rolls all over, so I would say he is getting what he needs.

Anyway, 2 months have gone by so quickly and I know it will only go by faster. I am trying to enjoy every phase a little more this time around.

I love you Tucker!

Pictures to come soon.

2 comments:

Bekki said...

Yes - please post pictures - I'd like to see these little fat rolls! :o)

Megan said...

Two months! Wow. Time really is flying by.

The older sibling around really is a nice distraction for a new baby. I remember it being that way with Ll too. Griffin is soooo entertaining I can imagine Tucker would be mesmerized for hours. :)

I look forward to getting one of Tucker's smiles.